Sights: Cairo, Alexandria, Marsa Matrouh, Siwa & Bahariya Oases, White & Black Deserts
On this tour, you will experience another beautiful side of Egypt may be not many people know about. You will enjoy the virgin nature with its peace and tranquility, enjoy its ocean of Sand shown at the English Patient Movie, cross War Battle Fields of WWII , Camp at the White Desert under the Stars, Swim in Hot & Cold Springs. Meet with locals of Beduoin and Berber origins, visit homes, learn about their culture, problems, hopes and dreams. It is time to escape the city noise and pressures and enjoy peace.
Day 1: Cairo
Upon arriving at Cairo International Airport, you will be greeted by an Egypt Edu Travel representative who will assist you through the immigration and customs formalities. You will then be transferred to your hotel in Cairo to check in, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Alexandria
Following an early breakfast, we hit the road to Alexandria to visit the Catacombs, the New Library of Alexandria followed by a lovely lunch in an exquisite fish restaurant overlooking the old harbor, Later in the day, you can enjoy walking around the city center in the evening until dinner time and overnight at the hotel with nice sea view.
Day 3: Alexandria | Siwa
After breakfast we move from Alexandria in the direction of Siwa. We will stop at Alamein, and visit the WWII Museum and the War Memorial. Moving on with our road trip, we stop for lunch, and pass by Marsa Matrouh. Upon reaching Siwa, we tour the old Siwan village of Shali, followed by a lovely dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Siwa
After breakfast, we visit Cleopatra’s Spring, Mountain of the Dead, Alexander the Great Temple also known as the Temple of the Oracle; enjoy a lovely lunch in a restaurant, then ride a donkey- drawn cart for a tour around the city before heading off road to the Great Sand Sea. Upon arrival, we rest at the hot spring of Bir Wahid, to enjoy the spring, have dinner and star gaze the night away. Overnight at campsite.
Day 5: Bahariya Oasis
After Breakfast we head off-road (400 km) to Bahariya Oasis. We pass by Bahrein, Nawamisa, and Sitra Oases. We visit the Roman Catacombs and pass through magnificent sand dunes of the Great Sand Sea. Upon reaching Bahariya, we will have lunch and check-in. Later we go off-road to bathe in the hot spring under the stars. Overnight at campsite.
Day 6: White Desert
We will enjoy breakfast in Bahariya. Our tour of the city includes a visit to the temple of Alexander the Great, Tombs of the Nobles, the Golden Mummies and the English Mountain. We’ll stop for lunch on the way. Upon reaching the White Desert, we start exploring the formations of different shapes and wind-carved sculptures resembling both human and animal faces. The night is spent in the hotel where dinner is served.
Day 7: Black Desert
After breakfast we go off-road to the Black Desert and the dune area. We start our climb of a 50 meter dune. On route to Bahariya we visit the Crystal Mountain and the area of the wonders with the desert roses and the arch. In Bahariya we will have time to swim in the hot spring. After lunch we head towards Cairo. Upon arrival we head to hotel for check-in, dinner, and overnight.
Day 8: Cairo
After breakfast, transfer to Cairo airport where you will be assisted through to your final departure.
- 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser will be used during the desert days
- A/C forward seats and A/C coaches for airport transfers and sightseeing.
- Every 4WD vehicles will be equipped with:
- Powerful Diesel engines
- Long-range gas tanks
- Sand mats
- Radio AM/FM and cassette player
- Refreshing wet tissues
- Fire extinguishers
- The car in the forefront will be equipped with:
- GPS system
- First aid kit
- Tour leader and guide
- Cool box
- Sand mats
- Tented camp will include:
- Spacious, well ventilated dome tents including Mattresses, blankets, sleeping bags and bed sheets
- All necessary cooking gear, kitchen utensils, mugs and glassware
- Gas and water
- Reference books on Egypt
- Cool boxes
- Trash bags
- Ice boxes
- Fire grill and cooking stoves
- Hotels used are clean, with hot water bathrooms (the best in the oases), and 5 stars hotels in Cairo.
- Food and Beverage
- Picnic lunches during desert days (as per program)
- F/B lunches included
- On board of the 4WD every pax will have three bottles of mineral water at disposal per day (during desert days)
- 1 Soft drink per day (during desert days)
- Sweet & salty snacks (during desert days)
- Visits and Excursions
- All entrance fees and permissions for all visits
- Professional English/Italian/German/Spanish speaking guide
- Transfer in & out.
- Package Excludes:
- Personal expenses and extras at the hotels or tours
- Entry visa
- Alcoholic drinks
- Any other item non-mentioned above
- Children Policy:
- Infants from 0 – 3.99 years of age are not allowed on a 4WD safari trip
- Minimum child age: 4 years
- 50% discount for children of 11-18 years of age
- Cancellation Policy:
- In case of cancellation one week prior to the booked trip date, 50% of total amount will be charged.
- In case of cancellation within one week, 75% of total amount will be charged.
- In case of cancellation one day before the scheduled trip or No-Show, 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Collection of any stones, formations or relics from the desert (the rest of general information attached).