EGYPT HIGHLIGHTS & RED SEA
TOUR CODE: EHRS 2021-22
- TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- 11 Days 9 Nights, 17 Meals,
- 4 Days/ 3 Nights Deluxe Nile cruise
- Millennia-old treasures in Cairo’s Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM)
- Special Pass to King Tuts’ unique Collection with pieces exhibited for first time.
- The Great Pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure
- Camel Ride around the Pyramids & the Sphinx
- The Step Pyramid of Sakkara and Nobel Tombs.
- Sprawling temples of Karnak in Luxor
- Tombs of the Valley of the Kings & Queen Hatshepsut Temple
- Philae Temple, a UNESCO heritage, and a Temple where legends starts.
- Aswan’s Botanical Garden via felucca sail boat ride
- Horse carriage Ride through Luxor markets and the Nile Avenue.
- Gifton Island & Snorkel Trip on a Yacht at the Red Sea
- Special Features:
- Visit the National Parks of Aswan and the Nubian Village Spice Market and a Nubian Family home.
- Lecture on: The Nile River & Valley, History & Challenges
Please contact us for a Quote, with the dates , number of travelers, please send an email to: Romani@Egyptianedutravel.com
Escorted Package Includes
- Round trip flights Cairo –/Aswan – Hurghada / Cairo
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Cairo – Steigenberger Pyramids Hotel – Or Similar
- 3 nights Nile Cruise on M/S Concerto Luxury Nile Cruise – Or Similar
- 2 Hurghada Marriot Resort Or Similar
- 1 night Cairo – Inter-Continental Hotel Or Similar
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- All transfers
- 17 Meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking Egyptologist/tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
The Price Excludes:
- The Entry Visa Fee ($25) P. Person
- Tip for Guide & driver and the Nile Cruise
(Guidelines: $10 for Guide $5 for driver – $5 for cruise/day)
- Any Extras of Tours, Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any items of personal nature
- DAY 1, Saturday Depart for Egypt
Depart for Egypt
- DAY 2, Sunday – Arrive in Cairo
Welcome to Egypt, one of the world’s greatest ancient civilizations. At Cairo airport, ED-Ventures Rep. will help you with entry Visa then transfer to your hotel with the remainder of the day at leisure. Tonight, attend an orientation meeting and welcome drink with your Tour Manager and fellow travelers at your hotel
- DAY 3, Monday – Grand Egyptian Museum – Optional Old Cairo Churches & Mosque.
Begin the tour at the Grand Egyptian Museum, The largest cultural project in Modern Times. The museum houses the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts with entry to the Hall of King Tut-Ankh-Amon which displays 5000 pieces for first time with free time at the Museum then return to the hotel,Or Join a Tour to Old Cairo starting with lunch and then visit to ancient churches with crypts where the Holy family stayed, also visit a Jewish Synagogue, before you leave the area, we visit the Mosque of Amr Ibn El As, The first mosque built in Egypt and learn about Islamic Religion & RitualsOptional Sound & Light Show held in Giza with views of the mighty Pyramids. A spectacular and unforgettable evening, then return to the hotel and treat yourself to a superb dinner at one of the fine international restaurants.
- Overnight: Cairo
- Optional Tour: Old Cairo churches & Mosque incl. lunch
- Optional Tour: Sound & Light Show at Pyramids
- DAY 4, Tuesday – The Pyramids of Giza & Sphinx – Sakkara, the Step Pyramid – with Camel Ride
- After breakfast, visit the Pyramids of Giza, built during the 3rd and 4th dynasties of the Old Kingdom. Enjoy an up-close view of the Great Pyramid, built for the Pharaoh Khufu, as well as the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure. Not far from the Pyramids, see the Mythical Sphinx of Giza, the legendary statue with the head of a human and the body of a lion, amazingly carved out of one huge piece of limestone. Top your visit with an included Camel ride with the Pyramids at your back. then enjoy BBQ lunch and continue to Sakkara and the Step Pyramid, the first Pyramid and the oldest construction of stone in the whole world also observe wall carvings with daily life activities depicted on the Nobel Tombs and you may want to explore the Pharaoh’s Burial chamber. Then return and rest in the hotel.Overnight: Cairo
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.DAY 5, Wednesday – Flight to Aswan – Nile Cruise Embarkation– The Nubian Village and Spice MarketAfter breakfast, we fly to Aswan. Upon arrival, we have the morning at leisure in this ancient frontier town. Or, join the optional Abu Simbel tour. A flight from Aswan transports you back in time to the mighty Temple of Abu Simbel, reclaimed from the floodwaters of the Aswan High Dam and totally reconstructed in the present location. The site is dominated by the looming twin temples of Ramses II and his wife Queen Nefertari. It is one of the most recognizable ancient sites of Egypt. We fly back to Aswan and transfer to our cruise ship, our home for the next three nights. You’ll be warmly welcomed aboard with time to settle in.After lunch, we visit a Nubian Village including visiting a family house. We sail with a motor boat through the National Parks of Aswan, watching local & migrant birds, various plants while learning about the Nubians’ origin, culture, ancient & modern history. And walk around its street with many herb & spice shops and souvenirs.Overnight: Aswan – Nile Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerOptional: Abu Simbel Temples – Round Trip Flight from AswanDAY 6, Thursday – Philae Temple & Felucca Sail to the Botanical garden – Kom-Ombo TempleAfter breakfast, take a tour to Philae Temple dedicated to the goddess Isis and marvel at the temple’s beautiful island location. And learn about the legend of Isis & Osiris with lots of Love & Drama accounts. Then continue to Botanical Garden of Aswan founded by Lord Kitchener, the Head of the British Authority in Egypt with many tropical trees and flowers.
In the afternoon, Nile cruise will set sail for an unforgettable cruise on the legendary Nile River to Edfu, Stop to tour the imposing Greco-Roman Dual Temple of Kom Ombo dedicated to two Gods with its unique carvings of the Ancient Calendar and the Medical Instruments. Admire the fascinating detailed reliefs on the walls and continue sailing to Edfu & Overnight.
Evening entertainment of the Egyptian Galabiya Night (Dress Party) with Egyptian food, music and dancing and fun.
Overnight: Nile Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 7, Friday – Free relax morning – Cruise to Luxor – Visit to Karnak Temples – Horse carriage Ride through the markets of Luxor.
This morning, enjoy relaxing lazy breakfast while sailing via Esna Lock which blocks the water for irrigation and continue to Luxor, known in ancient Egyptian times as the city of Thebes
In the afternoon, take a sightseeing tour of the East Bank of Luxor. Visit the magnificent Temples of Karnak, dating back over 3,000 years. Walk along the avenue of the Sphinxes and marvel at the Hypostyle Hall with its 134 massive sandstone columns. Then we ride a Horse-carriage through the Local and Tourist Market of Luxor and drive by Luxor temple and the riverside back to the Nile Cruise for Dinner.
Evening entertainment of Belly Dance and Dervish Dance shows with live music and drumming.
Overnight: Nile Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 8, Saturday – Disembarkation- Valley of Kings- Temple of Hatshepsut, Alabaster Work Shop.
Today, we view the magnificence of the Luxor West Bank on this morning tour that includes the Valley of the Kings & Temple of Hatshepsut along with Colossi of Memnon. Begin with a visit to the UNESCO listed Valley of the Kings, the necropolis of Thebes and admire the tombs of ancient Egypt’s rulers. Next, head to the Temple of Hatshepsut, a colonnaded structure surrounded by cliffs and learn about the life of Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt’s first female ruler. Then visit alabaster house to learn about making handmade Alabaster and Conclude the tour at the Colossi of Memnon: two massive stone statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III.
We will have lunch opposite Luxor temple before we Transfer to Hurghada Resort City, on the Red Sea around (4 Hours’ drive)
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 9, Sunday – Hurghada, Red Sea – Full day Snorkel Trip on a Yacht & Gifton Island
After your breakfast, go on a Yacht for a wonderful trip to snorkel and experience the crystal clear warm water of the Red Sea and enjoy the beautiful corals and colored fish around the famous Islands of the red Sea. With lunch on board (Diving is an option for extra fee). Then we visit the Gifton Island and enjoy its sandy beach.
Your evening at leisure enjoying the facilities of your hotel and dine on your own in a restaurant of your pick.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
DAY 10, Monday – Free day or Optional Bedouin Village Safari Trip
This morning, enjoy an exploration visit to the Egyptian desert and the Bedouins living around and learn about their life and traditions. Enjoy a jeep ride, short camel ride if you wish, tea or coffee
Late afternoon, depart to Hurghada airport for your flight to Cairo for 1 Hour then check into your hotel near the airport for the night.
Day 11 Tuesday – Depart home
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight back home.
Cruise sailing times are subject to change. Meanwhile the inclusions are still the same.